Accelsiors is a CRO with global operations interested in developing a durable network of health professionals to try to arrange future projects for both Accelsiors, as well as your gain. To this end, Accelsiors is collecting your contact data from public sources (such as hospital’s public websites or directories of health professionals), in order to contact you for possible future collaboration.
Furthermore, as part of the process to determine the feasibility of conducting clinical trials at your Institution, we respectfully ask you to consent to the processing of your personal data in order to evaluate this information as required by the Federal Act on Data Protection of June 19, 1992 (DPA) and its ordinances, ie, the Ordinance to the Federal Act on Data Protection (DPO) and the Ordinance on Data Protection Certification (ODPC) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679, hereinafter referred to as the „GDPR”).
We at Accelsiors are committed to protecting your privacy and with that in mind, we have developed our ’Privacy Notice for Investigators’ to make it easier for you to understand what information we collect, why we collect it and how we use it to clarify how you can make choices about your information and the measures we have put in place to keep your information secure. Accelsiors offers a high level of security for any personal data collected. We have implemented internal policies as well as secure networks and computer systems to ensure that any data you decide to entrust us with will be protected from alteration, loss or disclosure. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and thank you for your trust.
If you agree to your personal data to be collected as described herein, we ask you to either send us the completed Feasibility Questionnaire that we have provided (if a Feasibility Questionnaire has been provided), or to send your personal data through the use of our online form. We encourage you to review the full Privacy Notice below. By returning the completed Feasibility Questionnaire or by submitting the online form available on accelsiors.com, you are consenting to the collection of all personal data that you included in the Feasibility Questionnaire or in the online form.
If you have any questions about these data protection rules, please reach out to us using the contact information provided below.
Privacy Notice for Investigators
This Privacy Notice for Investigators describes how Accelsiors will handle personal data collected and/or received from doctors and other health care providers (herein referred to as “Investigators”) for the purpose of identifying potential Investigators to assist in clinical and medical research on specific indications. The present statement is applicable to all Investigators whose contact data Accelsiors has collected, as well as to those who transmit personal data to Accelsiors for the purpose of evaluating the feasibility of conducting clinical studies at their place of practice (herein referred to as an “Institution”), with themselves serving as investigator.
1. What is the purpose for collecting my data? What information is collected? What will my data be used for?
Your contact data is being collected in order to enable us to enter into contact with you and establish a possible future working relationship, by offering you the possibility to participate in the clinical trials organized by Accelsiors. Your contact data includes your name, the Institution where you are engaged, as well as your contact telephone number and e-mail address.
The feasibility data contained in the feasibility questionnaire, if you choose to provide it will be collected in order to identify the feasibility of conducting clinical studies for specific medical indications at the Institution and to establish if you fulfil the conditions of conducting clinical studies as an Investigator. In order to determine this, we may collect the following personal data: information about your professional qualifications and experience, medical specialization and sub-specialization, current position at the Institution, years of experience in treating patients and clinical trials involving patients connected to your specialization. Accelsiors will use this data to identify strategies for conducting clinical trials with the above mentioned medical indication. Based on this data, Accelsiors will contact potential study Sponsors with the hope of a successful cooperation in conducting clinical trials.
Your data will be added to our internal Investigator database in order to create a comprehensive resource that will help us plan and organise future clinical trials. If we receive any requests in relation to a clinical trial, we will review your qualifications and experience, if provided, in order to determine if you or your Institution are appropriate for the conduct of any specific clinical trial. If we are interested in a collaboration with you or the Institution, your personal data will be used to contact you to present any opportunities for collaboration.
2. Who will control my data?
The data is being collected and controlled by Accelsiors AG (hereinafter referred to as “Accelsiors”), a Swiss company with its headquarters in Bahnhof-Park 2, CH-6340 Baar, Switzerland with the contact information as follows:
- Contact address: Bahnhof-Park 2, CH-6340 Baar, Switzerland, Phone: +41 43 508 72 37
- Accelsiors’ Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email@example.com.
3. Do I have to share my data? What is the legal basis for collecting my data?
Your contact data is being collected from publicly available sources, such as the Institution’s website or publicly-available directories. This information is collected in accordance with Accelsiors’ legitimate interest of growing its business, by enlarging its network of potential collaborators. While your consent is not necessary for this purpose, you may object to such data collection by contacting Accelsiors’ data protection officer.
In accordance with the applicable privacy laws, the feasibility data contained in the feasibility questionnaire is being collected solely based on your consent. You are free to decide if you agree to submit your data or not. Without your consent to collect and handle your personal data, Accelsiors may not be able to provide you with any business opportunities for conducting studies at the Institution.
4. Will my data be protected?
At Accelsiors, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Accelsiors is a company established in the Switzerland and, consequently, your study data will be processed in accordance with the applicable privacy laws. Your personal data will only be shared with parties that agree to keep your data confidential.
5. How does Accelsiors share the collected personal data? Will my data be processed outside of the European Union?
To facilitate our global operations and in order to evaluate the site’s feasibility, Accelsiors may transfer and share all your personal data with its present and future affiliates and agents/service providers, some of which may be located in countries outside of Switzerland , for the purposes described in this statement. A complete list cannot be provided since the entities may change during the storage period, however you may ask for a list of all entities that have received your personal data based on your right of access, presented below.
Accelsiors may want to share your personal data with potential study Sponsors, meaning pharmaceutical or biotech companies that are developing medicinal products or medical devices for the relevant medical indication. We will share your contact data with potential interested study Sponsors, but will only share the data from the feasibility questionnaire with any individual study Sponsor after you have given us your separate, express consent to do so.
Accelsiors will share your personal data with companies, including affiliates and/or agents/service providers outside of Switzerland only if either:
- The Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) has adopted an adequacy decision regarding the territory in which the company is established and to which your personal data will be sent, ensuring an adequate level of protection;
- The receiving company has signed an agreement containing standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission which ensures an adequate level of protection for your personal data.
6. How long will my data be kept?
Accelsiors will keep your personal data for a period of 5 years from collection (calculated either from when we contact you, or the moment you transmit us the feasibility data), or for longer if you have separately given consent for a longer storage period.
7. How to access and control my personal data? What rights do I have in relation to my personal data?
You have the following rights in relation to the processing of your data:
- You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information.
- You have the right to be informed which of your personal data are being processed, as well as the details regarding the processing. You may request a copy of your personal data that is being processed.
- You have the right to rectify any inaccurate personal data being processed, as well as the right to update any incomplete personal data.
- You have the right to object to Accelsiors processing of your contact data, as well as to ask Accelsiors to erase such data.
- If you withdraw your consent, you will have the right to ask Accelsiors to erase all of your personal data processed based on consent.
- If you withdraw your consent or if Accelsiors no longer needs to process your data for the purpose they were collected for, you have the right to ask Accelsiors to keep your personal data, while restricting their use, without them being erased.
- You can ask Accelsiors that any information provided by you be communicated back in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or ask that such data be transmitted to another Data Controller. The exact format of the data will depend on the data that was collected from you and the way it was used.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. You may contact either the supervisory authority of your place of residence if you are a resident of the European Union, or the Competent Authority of Accelsiors’ main establishment: the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC).
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to Accelsiors AG, Bahnhof-Park 2, CH-6340 Baar, Switzerland, Attention: Privacy. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.